New developments are being approved at an astonishing rate, with building cranes dotting the urban landscape with a density we’ve never seen before. The development boom is now shifting out of downtown and spreading to neighborhoods like Allston, JP, Dorchester, Brighton and beyond.
In Brighton alone, there are 679 units planned at the former St. Gabriel’s Monastery and another 132 units at the corner of Western Ave and Leo Birmingham Parkway.
Here’s a small sample of what’s coming:
- St. Gabriel’s Monastery – 679 units of proposed graduate student housing in Brighton on the former monastery’s 12 acre site.
- 530 Western Ave – 132 residential and 3 retail stores in Brighton.
- Fenway Center – Massive complex with 313 apartments (picture at left).
- JP Apartments – 252 apartments planned across from the Forest Hills T station.
- Pierce Boston – Nearly complete, with 50% of it’s 109 condos sold.
- 575 Albany St – If approved, this 710 unit building would be the tallest in the South End.